The SMC 2015 Organising Committee invites composers to submit works for fixed media (electroacoustic sounds or audiovisual), live performance, or installation. Works which deal with the following themes are especially encouraged:
Theme 1 – Music at the Crossroads
- Engaging with Folk Music in contemporary contexts
- Sounds of Tradition
- Responding to past and present
Theme II – Interfaces, Interactions and Improvisation
- New musical interfaces/instruments
- Exploration of gestures and what they trigger
- The performer as composer: new directions in improvisation
Deadline and Notification
- Deadline for music submissions: Friday 27th March 2015
- Notification of music acceptance: Wednesday 20th May 2015
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST BE ANONYMOUS. REMOVE ALL MENTION OF AUTHOR(S) ON ALL MATERIALS SUBMITTED IN SECTION (B) OR ON ANYTHING PERTAINING TO THE WORK AND ITS DOCUMENTATION.
Please download the music call document below. The document contains full details of submission formats, software and hardware performance requirements and the review proces. Note that there is a limit of 20MB per submission.
Submissions will be through email download links to your archive file, using Dropbox or similar. Emails should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SMC 2015 Music enquiries: email@example.com