@ Cafe OTO
Wednesday 4th of April at 20:00
Advance tickets £5, otherwise £7 at the door.
BEAM Festival presents BEAM NIGHT – a special one-off taster event held at Cafe OTO.
Following BEAM’s mission, the acts of this night were all featured at BEAM 2011 and all use unusual and/or homemade interfaces to perform.
- Atau Tanaka & Adam Parkinson play iPhones as sensitive, handheld controllers.
- Bruno Zamborlin performs Cafe OTO’s wall – possibly for the first time?! With his invention, Mogees, which read gestural language on any surface.
- Marco Donnarumma’s Music for Flesh is a visceral sensor performance using his instrument system Xth sense, which has just been named “the world’s most innovative new musical instrument” and awarded First Prize at the Guthman Musical Instrument Competiton in Atlanta.
- Tom Bugs (maker of Bugbrand synth products) appears in a rare performance using his Modular Synths and also sets up a mini-installation for the night.
- The beguilingly creative Leafcutter John conjures up soundscapes with his new explorations in light and sound.