Composers are invited to submit recent or newly composed works for a final round test piece for the British Contemporary Piano Competition to be held at the University of Surrey, UK (in October/November 2010).
• 10 minutes duration (maximum)
• The call is open to all ages and nationalities
• Pieces must have been written within the last 2 years and may have been performed previously.
• Rehearsal time will be limited (combination of piano and EA). The complexity of the setup and EA element should reflect this.
• Submission should include a hard copy score, audio CD of any prerecorded EA material and (if applicable) a data CD/DVD of relevant code for live and responsive elements. The score and electronic element should contain sufficient information for the work to be performed without the composer being present. In addition, you are welcome to submit live performance recordings of your work on audio CD if you have them but this is not a necessity.
• Closing date for submissions – 8th January 2010
Submitted materials should be sent to:
Philip Mead/Rob Godman
The John Lill Music Centre
College Lane Campus
The University of Hertfordshire
For further information – please contact:
Philip Mead – email@example.com
(for issues relating to the British Contemporary Piano Competition and this call in general)
Rob Godman – firstname.lastname@example.org
(for any issues relating to the EA element and other technical requirements of this call)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to the RSS feed!