We invite you to join ART FAIR SUOMI 15
Finland’s Most Versatile Event of Contemporary Art
17–20 September 2015
*** APPLICATION DEADLINE: 12 MAY 2015 ***
This year 20 ARTIST-RUN GALLERIES will be chosen to present their works at AFS15 in addition to over 600 works on display from the members of Artists’ Association MUU and The Photographic Artists’ Association. The fair offers a total of 4,600 square metres of exhibition space at the Cable Factory in Helsinki, Finland.
As a major international art fair event, AFS15 also includes a side programme that features a series of networking events and seminars for art professionals.
ART FAIR SUOMI 2015 is an international art fair that will take place from 17 to 20 September at the Cable Factory in Helsinki. it is co-organised by Artists’ Association MUU and the Photographic Artists’ Association in Finland.
This year’s fair will be open to international artist-run galleries from the Nordic countries, Europe and all over the world. Artist-run galleries are selected on the basis of an open call. The goal of AFS15 is to make art interesting and to produce an approachable event with rich content that also appeals to mainstream audiences, by refining the idea of a traditional art fair.
WHAT ART FAIR SUOMI 2015 OFFERS YOU:
– The selected galleries will receive A SPACE OF ABOUT 20M2 TO PRESENT THEIR GALLERY. The space offers possibilities to present various forms of art: photography, media and video art, installations, sound art, performance, paintings etc.
– MEETINGS AND NETWORKING EVENTS will be organised for Finnish and international professionals (artists and representatives of artist organisations, curators, educators, critics, gallerists, etc.) as well as A SEMINAR ON NEW FORMS OF COLLABORATION, A PANEL DISCUSSION and ARTIST TALKS and PRESENTATIONS.
– THE STAGE WILL FEATURE live events, such as performances and video screenings. You can also suggest events for the Stage!
– The programme will feature action, information and a wide spectrum of events. Visitors can enjoy GUIDED TOURS, SCREENINGS, ART SHOPPING, AND LATE-NIGHT EVENTSinside and out of Cable Factory. Visitors will have easy and free access to make art purchases.
– VIP LOUNGE is open for artist-run gallery representatives, sponsors and collaboration partners.
In addition to the sales exhibition, event at the Cable Factory will also include an ART IDEAS MARKET, where artists can reserve tables for a few hours to present their practice, work, or ideas, and to learn about the potential of crowdfunding, for example. SOUND ART EXHIBITIONS, ENVIRONMENTAL ART, PUBLIC INSTALLATIONS AND ANCILLARY EVENTSwill be organised all over Helsinki during AFS15.
Kaapelitehdas / Cable Factory – Merikaapelihalli & Puristamo & Valssaamo & MUU Kaapeli
Tallberginkatu 1 C, 00180 Helsinki, FINLAND
Attendance fee for artist-run galleries: €500
The Application Form can be found online: http://tinyurl.com/afs15
Applications must be submitted no later than on 12 May 2015.
After submitting your application, you will receive confirmation via e-mail.
ART FAIR SUOMI Since 2005
Organised since 2005, Art Fair Suomi is run by two artist associations representing new media in contemporary art, Artists’ Association MUU and the Photographic Artists´ Association in Finland. Between them they have almost 1000 front-line Finnish artists as their members.
FUNDING AND PARTNERSHIP
AFS15 is open for all kinds of funding and partner propositions. The fair is an exceptional channel to promote your organisation internationally. AFS15 will have exhibitors and visitors from all over Europe, and MUU will be promoting the fair worldwide in a variety of forums. Publicity work will begin in spring 2015.