inner sOUndscapes is a concert series dedicated to electroacoustic music, organized by the computer music studio of the University of Oklahoma, School of Music. For its Fall 2015 edition, inner sOUndscapes is teaming with the Oboe studio of Dr. Dan Schwartz to produce a concert featuring recent works for oboe and live electronics. We accept anonymous submissions for works for solo oboe, or solo English horn, accompanied by live electronics or fixed media. New works that have not been premiered are particularly welcomed! The selected works will be performed by graduate students during the inner sOUndscapes concert at the University of Oklahoma, School of Music in October 29th 2015.
- Composers of any age and nationality are invited to submit any number of works.
- The submission materials (score and audio file) must be anonymous.
- The duration of the submitted works should not exceed 10 minutes.
- Submission deadline: August 15th2015.
- Create a folder with the following materials:
- A PDF file containing the composer’s bio (up to 100 words), program notes (up to 100 words), contact info, and technical requirements.
- The score of the work (PDF), with the composer’s name removed from the title.
- A stereo MP3 file of the work containing both oboe and electronic parts. Multi-channel works (up to 4.1) will be considered, but submit a stereo reduction for adjudication purposes.
- Compress the folder in zip format.
- Name the compressed file with the composer’s last name and title of the piece.
- Upload the compressed file to a file sharing website (i.e. Wetransfer, Hightail, Dropbox, etc) and send the link to email@example.com.
The composers of the selected works will be notified in early September by email and will be asked to submit performance materials (patches, uncompressed audio files, click tracks, diffusion schemes, etc). For questions, contact Konstantinos Karathanasis at firstname.lastname@example.org.