…is a new event series presenting experimental music made for loudspeakers
“between” “among” “in the midst of” “mutually” “reciprocally” “together” “during”
INTER- #2 will take place on Wednesday 12th August
The closing date for proposals for INTER-#2 is Monday 27th July
INTER- is a new event series presenting experimental music made for loudspeakers.
The aim is to provide a public context for experimental sounds made for speakers, and to support work and practices which might not fit easily into other performance contexts. We hope these events can help to draw together creative practice across electro-acoustic composition, dance production and field-recording (amongst others) and be part of the exciting exchange between sound and music methods taking place across Glasgow and beyond…
We can facilitate stereo, quad, 5.1 playback and are very open to other ways and means.
Proposals of all kinds are welcome – across aesthetic, conceptual and technical boundaries.
We are particularly interested in presenting work and practices which –
- – use recording, editing, producing and listening to explore contemporary spaces – real, virtual, liminal
- – explore new approaches to environmental recording
- – develop reflexive relationships with the recordist/listener
We are excited to see what develops through these events.
Perhaps a broad range of
- – utopian/dystopian soundscapes
- – fragments
- – phone clips
- – club diffusions
- – field-recordings
- – youtube rips
- – …
The first INTER- event featured new work by Bethan Parkes, Jamie Cooper, Nathan Quirk, Luca Nasciuti, Angus McIntyre & Nicola Reade and Rory Comerford.
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROPOSAL:
Please send you proposal to email@example.com
with the email title Inter #2 proposal
by the closing date of Monday 27th July
including the following:
– proposal info – 500 words max
– any relevant links to work
– detailed tech requirements including file format and whether playback (laptop etc.) can be provided for your work
– brief artist bio